Saturday, 12 July 2008

Just Lovely...

Lark got a really nice mention in the current issue of Junior Baby magazine (UK). I am so pleased as it refers to us as 'lovely Lark'. You see, 'Lovely' is kind of the motto we have for our little company. We like to work with lovely people (our makers, customers, and the other designers we work with), make lovely things that don't cost the earth, put lovely things on the Lark blog, and to just generally be very lovely. Why be anything else? Well, because maybe it's not so fashionable to be lovely at the moment. I could be all, like, edgy and cool and write about the things that annoy me, and make baby clothes with skulls on and stuff, but it just isn't me. So if you don't like lovely, please avert your eyes.

13 comments:

Jodie said...

Lovely is the perfect thing to aim for, I think you've acheived it in spades.

Violet & Rose said...

I'm all for lovely. I think it makes the world a far better place. Oh, and have you had any snow yet ??

Donna said...

I think lovely is a very apt description for Lark and for you. I'm all for lovely :-)

leslie said...

i love lovely : )

claire Maraldo said...

I like lovely too!

I also like to describe my webshop as selling "Fancy goods"

I remember when every small town had a shop selling Fancy goods and usually with that yellow cellophane paper on the windows.

I really dislike those baby clothes with Punk bands on. Trying to hard to be cool in my opinion!

Polka Dot Rabbit said...

I agree, edgy and cool aren't me either, I'd rather be a bit daggy and make things that make me happy :-)

one little acorn said...

Congratulations on the lovely mention in Junior Baby. They are right - your work is lovely. Well done.

Lisa said...

I like lovely, especially for little ones.

Congratulations on being acknowledged in the magazine.

AnastasiaC said...

its perfect!! well done on the mention in Junior mag - its a good one!!

Nyperosa said...

Lucky you

who did find Figgjo.
It is very good quality.
I live only half an
hour by car from figgjo.

I've just seen
some of your photos ; )

Au revoir.

Kitschen Pink said...

Lovely is cool! Especially your kind of lovely! t.x

Monica @ bpab said...

LOVELY! lovely! LoVeLy! loooooooverly! lOvEly!
Any way you look at it.... Lark is!

Hoochie Coochie said...

We love love love your lovely things too! Especially those gorgeous vintage baby shoes... they have been selling really well in the shop!
congrats on the magazine mention...
xx