Wednesday, 31 December 2008

December 31

I don't usually make 'new year's resolutions' but I really feel the need to make a list of plans for 2009, I guess because the last year has been such a busy one for our family. I'm hoping that having a list on my noticeboard will help me to stay focused and make some time to do some of the extra things that I want to, before another year has gone by.

So here is the list, please don't remind me if I haven't even done half of it by next December 31, I will try my best...

1. learn new crafts (look! I have already started this one, I learned cross stitch yesterday, well it's good to start with an easy one!)
2. be more patient
3. look after myself better
4. go to Japan
5. finish a quilt
6. not let rude people upset me so much
7. find loads of new blogs to enjoy
8. update our family photo albums and get some photos framed
9. learn framing
10. learn to make scones, lamingtons and decent cookies
11. get the charity knitting project that Steph and I have been working on off the ground
12. find some new authors to read
13. learn about the medicinal properties of herbs and plants and start a new garden bed
14. have a proper family resort holiday in Queensland
15. add to my collection of old Fisher-Price toys
16. buy less fabric (yeah, right)
17. 'take in the waters' at our local mineral spa (which has just re-opened after 2 years)
18. catch up with old friends
19. be myself
20. not cry too much when my youngest child starts school in February
21. start a new business
22. continue working on our veggie garden
23. shop in small, local shops as much as possible
24. finish decorating our house
25. see if there is interest in starting a community op shop in our town

11 comments:

Lucy Bowler said...

Hello again. It's great to read your resolutions - I'm putting myself out there this year and I'm blogging my resolutions... wish me luck! - http://2009-ayearofresolutions.blogspot.com
My 2 Kris Kringle recipients were delighted to receive 'Keep Calm and Carry On' shoppers which I bought at The Lost Sock Office in Wang - I've also got some cards and felt brooches there now.
Good luck with the resolutions.
Cheers, Lucy Bowler

The Rose Room said...

Wow, thats quite a list you have there! Rachaelxo

teddybearswednesday said...

Hi lovely Allison,
happy Christmas and New Year!!! You are too sweet to think of me! I don't have that copy of Milk, ( i've never even heard of it), but I feel bad you sending it to me, It's your ... perhaps there is somewhere I could buy it? I would love to see it.
xxJess

Meg Ulman said...

Count me in for #25. xx

The Shopping Sherpa said...

I have a vintage Fisher Price Schoolhouse looking for a new home if you happen to be interested...

antikva said...

I have a list, each year I transfer over what's left to the new list. That way I don't feel guilty :-)

Happy New Year!

Anne said...

That's a good list, and brave of you to publish it. I have some of the same goals - I hope it's a good year for you and Lark!

Kitschen Pink said...

GOOD Grief! I need to sit down and pour another drink! What an exhaustive (or is that exhausting) list. Anyone would think you were a person who could set up and run a successful international business whilst raising young chidren.... Go girl!! I have every confidence you'll have it licked by Autumn... except for the crying in February... nothing wrong with that at all! t.xxx

Violet & Rose said...

Oh, snap on no.20. Pass me the tissues already!
Best wishes for a year filled with joy, and a vintage treasure or two.
Jo X

Tinniegirl said...

That's such a great list. I have a few of those on my list too, which I am still brewing in my head at this point.

Y-Fighter said...

Good luck. My blog is http://www.y-fighter.blogspot.com