Friday, 26 June 2009

Brightening my day... Part 2.

At the Post office a huge box was waiting for me, and inside was a Tinnie ! Yay!

I have pined for a Tinnie for ages. Mine is in a blue/violet colourway, stuffed with vintage fat quarters, trim and buttons. And - surprise - a Holly Hobbie pillowcase! Wow!

I love the concept of a Tinnie - they're like the old tins of haberdashery you find in op shops, except they contain an edited selection of pretty things that you actually want. Cathy is awesome for making these. We met up recently and I sent her a big bag of vintage wallpaper offcuts and she kindly promised me a Tinnie in return. Hurrah for swaps!

7 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

You had best buy a Lotto ticket for the big one next week the way this day is going! I must confess, I've never heard of a Tinnie but it looks wonderful. I love the Holly Hobbie pillowcase! How lovely!

CurlyPops said...

What a lovely tinnie! The Holly Hobbie pillowcase is so cute.

Fran said...

What lovely things to brighten your day! Lucky you

Tinniegirl said...

It was a lovely swap for me too. I'm so glad you like your Tinnie.

messenger said...

Oh that's lovely... As a girl I had a rag doll called Annie and it says on her tag that she is Holly Hobbie's best friend. I'm going to go to that old case under the house tomorrow and find her... She's been down there for far too long!

Oh and how great to get treasures in the mail!
Nicole J

Michelle said...

I love your tinnie too!

Hooray for tinnies and Tinniegirl!

AnastasiaC said...

everything looks good - Cathy is a real sweetie!