Friday, 25 September 2009

Thank Goodness for Craft

Feeling totally exhausted at the moment, with school holidays, the shop opening and all the crazy stuff that goes into running your own business. Thankfully it was craft group last night and it was just what I needed. The meet was at Jodie's place and she gave us a Gocco demonstration. It was fascinating and most of us had a go. We also compared different toy fillings and admired Jodie's craft room. Best bit as always though, was just to chat and eat delicious cake with lovely people. Darren is away on tour in Mexico but most of the girls were there. We are still trying to come up with a name for our group but to no avail, despite various hilarious suggestions! Sorry for the poor pics, I forgot to put the card in my camera, so these are from my iphone.

Martha-esque gocco demo

The 'cvogettes'

Krystal's pin cushion, Susie's lovely Cath Kidston bag

6 comments:

rachelmp said...

Such a good night!

the spectator said...

Hi, I read about your lovely home in Country Style this week. Then went on-line to read your blog. Which I love btw. Today we drove over from Castlemaine for a fix at The Mill. And of course I visited Lark. I really like the way your shop targets sweet things for children but equally on trend goodies for adults.
Congratulations and the best of luck for future endeavours. I look forward to return visits.

Tracey said...

craft groups are lovely things! Have you looked into teaming up with the crafty meetings called Brown Owls? I'm one prefect of the Adelelaide(South Australia)owl parliament. take a peek at what we get up to...

http://www.brownowls.blogspot.com/

click on 'All Meetings dates and bookings' to see all meets around the world.

It was really easy to organise and we have loads of lovely crafting workshops and we too have many cake and baked goods eating moments hehe. Have fun crafting!!

Tracey :)

Michelle said...

The spread in a country style is gorgeous!!!
I even noticed your collection of china...Just like some of mine...
Great write up...
Well done on a fabulous house...
Now I wonder if those lovely stylists can come and make my cottage that adorable???

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Looks like a great night. We are organizing a meetup in the inner-city. It's amazing how many people want to come along! xx

Jodie said...

It was such good fun. I have not laughed so much in ages !!!