Wednesday, 21 October 2009

A beautiful day...

I woke up cross and grumpy this morning... at 4.30 am. Trucks and workmen were in the street, beeping and shouting and flashing big lights everywhere. They were at it until 9 am when they suddenly disappeared leaving a mysterious piece of tape around a tree. Not happy.


But my day transformed when I went for a lunchtime walk up the hill with a good friend. How beautiful is Daylesford on a day like today? Very, I think! My rubbish iphone pictures don't do it justice, but who cares? Spring flowers are colouring the landscape and everything is lush and overgrown. Of course there is the threat of a hot summer - if you look closely you can see a fire burning around the outskirts of town. This is controlled 'burning off' to minimise the bush fire risk, as our town is on the list of most bushfire-prone areas for the coming season. But I am not thinking about that today, just enjoying the view and some laughs with a true friend.

And when I got home, my day improved even further. The latest Frankie, yay!

And my little boy, who constantly keeps the family amused with his malapropisms. This is the boy who calls pistachio nuts 'mustachio nuts' and oregano 'origami'. Today's classic: 'mummy, my class went to the church today for a meeting with Father Heaven'. I think he means Father Kevin! But I love him so much for his confusion!

Noisy workmen, pretend friends, bushfire worries, I am ignoring you all today! x

6 comments:

Kali said...

lovely, lovely day...and your little boy's sayings made me chuckle.

Peta @ Pippiwillow said...

Thank You Allison ( and your little boy), for making me smile, for making me giggle and for showing me a picture of my new town....on the count down now, 4 months to go. Peta

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Father Heaven is rather inspired, I think he may be a genius!

Love Sarah x

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I like Father Heaven as well. Daylesford does look gorgeous although HOT. xx

Swift Jan said...

Your little boys confusion is adorable!!
A lovely day in daylesford indeed :)

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Thanks for the giggle! Father Heaven! Gorgeous boy. Hope the back burning helps. xox