Sunday, 18 October 2009

My Place and Yours... on the shelf

I haven't participated in a meme for ages but I am feeling homely at the moment, so I loved the idea of this new one by Pip. Join in here!

The 'shelf' is our sweetie shelf, high up in the pantry to stop little hands (and big hands) from reaching it every two minutes. Out of sight, out of mind, I think. The big tins contain teddy bear biscuits, home made cookies and apricot muesli bites at the moment. When the boys get home from school they like to have a teddy biscuit with nutella, it's their current obsession. Lollies are very rationed in our family, they are only for occasional treats, but we do like our cakes and biccies! Especially homemade ones. What's on your shelf?

7 comments:

lulufroufrou said...

Do I see a Holly Hobbie lunchbox in the back there? - how sweet.

Pip Lincolne said...

Lots of tins of good stuff!

x

teddybearswednesday said...

I can understand the Teddy Bear biscuit obsession. Gorgeous shelves and tins, lovely and so homey looking

jodesmac said...

love your tins,
do you keep something in the Holly Hobbie?

Clara said...

Hi Alison - I love your tins. I'm building up a collection of vintage ones, and keeping a special look out for English ones... being a Brit like yourself. I have been inspired by you and Prudence of Prudence Pouts blog (she lives in Montana with her kids and is very crafty, and makes stunning dolls for her Etsy shop) to start my own blog about our new family life in Tasmania. We are leaving Melbourne after 3 years on Dec 1st, to go and live in the Huon Valley. Can't wait! Am fully intending to visit you in yr shop before we go so I can come and say hello and thank you for the inspiration, Clara x

Amanda said...

Just discovered Nutella recently..I have to keep it out of sight of the kiddos or it disapears quickly...Apparently a tiny dip with the finger here and there magically keeps it full "or so they think" :P....The tins are too cute!! I would steal Holly Hobby if you gave me the chance...:P

mady dooijes said...

i love tins, small, big, round or square... just wanted to say how much i love your shop (and blog), absolutly gorgeous. mady