Monday, 21 December 2009

Bugsy

Channel surfing through Foxtel, I just found a rerun of Bugsy Malone, which was released when I was about 7 years old. I'd completely forgotten how obsessed my friends and I were with this film. I used to practise all the routines in my bedroom for hours on end. I SO adored Jody Foster and Scott Baio, but really I wanted to be the Blousey Brown character in my heart. Do you remember it? It's stood the test of time, I have to say, what a great movie! I'm going to buy a copy for my kids.

It triggered off another memory of the time. There was a range of children's stationery and cards (maybe by Hallmark) with cartoon 1920s gangster guys and molls with huge eyes and fur coats. I remember having notebooks and scrapbooks with them on, I loved them, but I can't remember what these characters were called, does anyone know? Maybe something like 'Gatsby Gang'?

3 comments:

AnastasiaC said...

i have no idea about the Hallmark line but i do remember loving this movie too!! werent they all so young! we used to swoon over Scott Baio too!

M* (Melanie) said...

I too remember the film fondly in fact we have a copy of the Bugsy Malone DVD. I even named my first daughter Tallulah because I loved the name so much. I thought it was so pretty and exotic that it just stuck in my head, and I carried with me all those years! Needless to say, my Tallulah loves the film and thinks it's pretty neat that I got my inspiration from a movie where kids shoot each other with cream pies!

Corrie said...

I loved bugsy too! my parents got me onto it when I was little and my sister and I would sing 'my name is talulah' (sp?) around the house! great movie! I've managed to catch it on foxtel too!

happy new year! always love reading your blog and country life for this city girl!

corrie:)