Monday, 4 January 2010

Just popping in...

Having way too much fun at the moment, I can't find much time to blog. I LOVE the school holidays, it's my favourite time, pretty exhausting but so much fun. We are all homebodies in our family and we have loved hanging around in our pyjamas in the mornings, playing board games, watching movies, reading magazines, pottering in the garden and in the afternoon welcoming lots of visitors, putting on magic shows, baking and doing science experiments. We have ventured out a little, but not much. We'll be off to the beach in a week or two but for for now we are happy to be 'chez nous'.

I have been trying not to work but couldn't resist popping into the shop on Saturday to chat with Tess and I'm glad I did as we were visited by lots of friends including Liz, the Thaw family, Frances (for the first time) and Bec. Right now we are at home making a 'Chocca Mocca Caramel Cake' for Paul, who is at the shop repainting the floor, poor thing. But the cake is in the oven, the beer is in the fridge, and I'm thinking it will be a Thai takeaway tonight!

Flowers from our garden, I love the roses at this time of year, we have some beautiful old rose bushes that never fail to grow hundreds of roses every year right outside the kitchen window.

Lazy dessert platter for friends who visited yesterday, who wants to bake when you have people over? Take it easy, my friends, and enjoy the holidays while they last. x

6 comments:

Betty Jo said...

Nice to see you , just about to christen my new journal!

Little Eve said...

Isn't is wonderful to have no particular agenda! It's great to have a break. Enjoy it while it lasts . . . and choca mocca caramel cake . . . yum!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Allison, I love you. I get so tired of hearing people whine about the children being home on school holidays. I thoght I was the only freak that loved it too. It's bliss to me. I hate the fact we have to go out to playdates and parties etc. Happy New Year to you and your family. xx

moose and bird said...

It sounds like you are having a lovely time....nothing is more perfect than staying-in, reading, playing games, baking and spending time with loved ones. Why does it have to end?

Violet and Rose said...

Hooray for jammies, reading, and oh my goodness, it's midday and i still haven't had a shower! We are loving it too. If only it lasted all year.

BOB & MABEL said...

We are homebodies here too. I don't do the action and activity packed holidays. My kiddies are just so happy to potter around the garden, ride their bikes and play with all their new goodies from Christmas. We will however be doing lots of trips to the beach at the end of the week as the weather warms up.
Happy holidays!