Thursday, 4 February 2010

Some new thrifty things

It is such a temptation living around the corner from a great vintage/junk store. I have to walk past the Daylesford Bazaar every day and though I try to resist I often get drawn inside by a glimpse of a vintage fabric or an interesting-looking chair. The owner does bad things like putting a box of vintage tins outside with a sign saying 'all $3'! Who could walk past that? So here's what I picked up on my latest visit...

A 1950s children's board game, for which I have an exciting plan.

A pair of vintage Waverley woollen blankets in new condition. It is so hard to find good condition blankets so I was thrilled to find these.

A set of painted wooden desk trays - I am going to use these as a display is the shop as they are too small for letters.

A green and white Cadbury's tin. I already have these tins in blue and red, so now I suddenly have a little collection going! I love the vintage colours, and they have 'Cadburys' embossed on the lid.They are the perfect size for storing the kids' textas and colouring pencils.

Doug had also put aside some vintage Ladybird books for me (in the photo at the start of the post) including two that I have never seen before. I must get around to organising my Ladybird collection soon.

11 comments:

BOB & MABEL said...

What lovely treasures, mmmmmm I think I might finish my coffee and head off to the op shops!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

When you get around to organizing your Ladybirds, please post pics as your collection is awesome! I love all your goodies today. xx

Alana said...

Oh - I so wish I had a lovely little vintage shop around the corner from me!! What great finds...

http://lille-mor.blogspot.com/

Little Ted Canvas said...

Fantastic finds! Love those Ladybird books...

sarah barnett said...

Well that's done it. I'm moving to Daylesford!

Donna said...

Fabulous finds! Sarah, I'm right behind you, booking my ticket now!!!

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh great finds!! Are you collecting those Cadbury containers from the same charity donator or from different places. So cool to get a set of anything from a charity shop. Love Posie

Stel.la said...

wow... it´s very inspiring your blog and work!!
thanks!
:)

Megan said...

what fun thrifty finds- i love the candyland game!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

These books are sooo cute! I LOVE IT !!

Sarah said...

I was eyeing off those yellow desk trays myself! They'll be great for your shop.