Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Smitten!

I am not a big iPhone apps junkie, I use my phone mainly to feed my addiction to checking my email when I'm away from home, but as a sucker for paint charts and a huge fan of Haymes paint, I jumped straight to the apps store when I heard that they have introduced a new app called Haymes iColour.

I am smitten - you can take a photo with your phone of anything that you love and get a match with a Haymes paint colour, which you can then go and check in a Haymes store (or if you're like me, you wont need to as you'll already own the megadeck of paint chips).

Not only that, but the app suggests a colour scheme around your chosen paint, and also other alternatives to look at. I took a photo of the new calendar from this month's Frankie magazine, which just happens to be on the wall near my desk, and apparently the nearest shade is Rapunzel (who wouldn't love a paint company with names like that?). So when I get home tonight I will check my charts to see how it compares!

How much fun am I going to have with this new toy? Hee hee hee...

4 comments:

BOB & MABEL said...

That is super cool!

Liesl said...

That's the best! Despite not owning an iPhone or needing to paint anything, I think I have a case of app envy!

PhotoPuddle said...

Oooo, that looks like so much fun!

Anna Laura said...

That does look like a great ap, it would be cool if it could cover a wall in a photo with a colour to see how it looks.

Although they got complimentary wrong, should be complementary (unless you get those other colours free!). But that is just the anal art teacher in me!