Friday, 25 June 2010

Like Yikes, it's James Bond and Scooby Doo!

The boys went to a dress up event today - they chose to be James Bond and Scooby Doo. My big guy made a very dashing James Bond - he has never actually seen a James Bond movie, I might add. Our kids have always loved dressing up, we have one of those huge old-fashioned hotel laundry baskets full of outfits and accessories. And I have to confess that I love making an effort with their costumes (I once made a Yugioh outfit complete with a multicoloured felt headpiece), although today's outfits were a cinch. I found the tuxedo suit on eBay, and Scooby came from our local costume shop, Mr Showtime (can you believe Daylesford has a fancy dress shop but there's nowhere in town to buy school socks? That's the kind of place it is).

It's been raining heavily all morning over here, I'm hoping it will stop for the school holidays, as we have a few outings planned. Hope it's warm and dry where you are!x

Postscript: James Bond won the contest for best fancy dress, yay!!

5 comments:

Caz said...

Don't they look great! Isn't it funny how kids attach themselves to certain cultural icons without any real context? My son loves Spiderman at the moment even though he has never actually seen it. Luckily for me the kids also love Scooby Doo. Scooby has been on very high rotation at our place all year and I don't expect that to change over the holidays!

pen said...

love 'James Bond'- all he needs is a Miss Moneypenny

Make mine Mid-Century said...

I love Scoobies' paws!

MonetPaisley said...

will have to visit daylesford soon, I have planned lots of indoor craft activities for if the rain continues these holidays, i am thinking potato stamping might be on the list.

Dianne said...

I love the outfits! I wish my boy's school would do fun stuff like dress up days! We too have a large collection of dress ups, including a few boxes of "grown up" dress ups also, from parties and book character dress-up days when I was teaching.My sister and friends often borrow items for dress up days and parties.
Pity about the school socks though!