Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Christmas craft and Christmas houses

This week we are having lots of Christmas fun - we've decided that every day until Christmas Eve we will prepare one thing for Christmas...

Mince pies

Paper chains


Letters to Santa. I loved watching my kids decorate their letters. My youngest son included a rather long wish list of presents but he is so thoughtful that his note to Santa reads: "Dear Santa, take it easy on yourself. You don't have to get me everything on my list. You can just get me what you want. And I hope you have a nice trip around the world, love from J xxoxoxooox". I tell you, this boy is a one-off! On the envelope he has written "hello Santa, you rock, your the nicest guy, yeah!". My older son was equally creative and has made a comic for Santa and his elves to read - the tale of good Santa vs Evil Santa, part one!

Out on a walk, we also spotted the first 'Christmas house' we have seen in our town this year. I LOVE Christmas houses, I am totally in awe of the people who make a big effort to make their houses look all jolly and seasonal. We are going to go back after dark to see it all lit up! Hurrah for Christmas!!

5 comments:

Hen said...

Crikey, what a star your son is, can't imagine mine writing that. Mine says things like "but there are lots of elves to make the things" etc. It's decidedly Christmassy here now that thick snow has descended. Hope your mags arrive to add to the atmosphere soon... I'm getting back to my quilting now, I need the warmth!
Hen x

Jem said...

Those mince pies look divine!

Maggie May said...

what an awesome kid!

Cate said...

Okay, that was just what I needed to get myself kick-started into dec - a new challenge. Thank you!! one xmas thing a day it is until dec 25...here we go...:-) xxxCate

Cate said...

I really do think this is such a great idea - I've just thanked you in my grateful saturday post for giving me the inspiration I needed to tackly dec!! thank you, thank you, thank you :-) xxxCate