Saturday, 18 June 2011

Dear blog,

I still love you, after almost 5 happy years together. Yes, I have heard that 'blogs are so 2008' and it was certainly a good year, but I still think blogs are quite cool in 2011.

It's just that there are so many other diversions in my life these days, like pinterest. It's just so damned addictive, pinning all my favourite images and inspirations on to little pinboards. And following other people's pinboards. It's all just so cute.

And Twitter. I use Twitter when I want to share more chatty, opinionated stuff, whereas you and I are more, well, reflective and considered.

And of course, Facebook. I tried to stay loyal to you and not give in to Facebook for a long time, but the lure of it all was just too much, and now I find Facebook just essential for telling peeps all the latest news from Lark, as well as interesting things I find on my web travels. It's just different, I guess, a bit more newsy and fast-paced.

I am sorry I don't give you as much attention as I used to. But I will always be your friend, dear blog. You were the first to expose me to the dizzy world of social media, you introduced me to so many new friends when I had just moved to a new country and was starting my business, and you have provided a lot of laughs and emotional support over the years. I'll still be sharing all my thoughts and goings-on and my happy snaps with you. Thank you!

Yours truly,

Allison x

Here I am on Pinterest

3 comments:

Carly said...

Phew! Glad this wasn't a 'Dear John' post... some of us old ladies aren't on Facebook! Love your blog Allison, glad you still do too!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Yikes! I don't know how you do it all. I have been blogging for 2 years and enjoy it immensely. So wonderful to wander the world right here from my living room and encounter so many encouraging and inspiring bloggers. I've tried things I never would have thought of before and made so many friends along the way. Others keep trying to get me on Facebook but I have no interest and certainly no time for all the social networks. Good luck and best wishes, Tammy

Jayne said...

Ahh I thought you were about to announce your blog retirement! Thank goodness :) I think you blog quite regularly considering what type of life you lead. Sometimes maintaining an 'online' life is just as hard as maintaining a real life! But you do a great job of it and your posts are always interesting and full of gorgeous pics :)