Friday, 16 March 2012

Wowee!


I was totally stoked to find that Shop Til You Drop's editor's letter mentions Lark this month. Not just a mention either - Justine Cullen lists Lark as one of her 'all-time favourite go-tos when we need a housey fix'. Next to such amazing style leaders as Anthropologie and Etsy! Wowee, I don't know what to say, this is so lovely and it makes the occasional crappy workday worthwhile, just like when I receive a nice letter from one of our customers, or meet someone for the first time who has heard of Lark and loves our store.

Justine's letter is actually very interesting - it's all about how nesting is not just for new parents these days, but that most of us get just as excited by a new cushion as a new skirt. That's certainly true for me! I've hardly bought any new clothes this year, yet I have been very busy squirrelling away boxes and boxes of cute homey things for when we move house next month.

I also loved reading about the Yiddish word tchotchke, which apparently means "little bits of cuteness worth having''. Well, if that doesn't sum up what Lark is all about, I don't know what does!

Have a happy weekend everyone - and if you need some tchotchke in your life, Lark is open online 24/7 and our Daylesford store is open Saturday and Sunday! x

PS click on the image to read it!


1 comment:

jane said...

Congrats on the mention! and I'd have to agree with her!
Have a great weekend! Jx